Infant and Toddler activities

As a stay at home mom, I take my job very seriously. I am constantly on the look out for fun things to do with my nearly 3 year old and 16 month old. Here you will find easy and cheap activities to do with your children. I try to use things that you'd find already in your home or things that are easy to find. Many of the activities we do help sharpen preschool skills such as gross and fine motor skills, hand eye coordination, self confidence and many more.

I hope you find all the infant and toddler activities you're looking for!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Painting



This activity swiftly moved from indoors to outdoors.

This has been West's favorite activity to date. He threw quite a fit when it had to be over. We just used acrylic paints that I had on hand, some artist's canvas board, some various paint brushes and a nice big palate that I had. He loved painting with the brushes, his hands and even his feet. Dumping the paints was also a favorite. Being nearly naked makes everything more fun too.

This was definitely an experiential activity, he really had no interest in the finish product. It was all about the paint and mess to him, but we have some great paintings out of it! West asks to paint again nearly every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment